Education Minnesota is the leading advocate for public education in Minnesota.
No other professional organization does more for educators in our state. With your support, we can protect our profession today, and for our next generation of educators.
“I think it’s really important to support our union, because they’re the ones fighting for fair wages. They’re the ones to protect our time off. In other states that don’t have the ability to unionize in that way, there’s data that shows that they’re not getting paid as they should, or anywhere close to it.”Klair Hans, Westonka educator
Unsure what membership category you fall under? What benefits are (and aren’t) included? We’ve got you covered:
Enjoy the benefits of Education Minnesota and National Education Association membership without paying dues until this fall! All potential members — regardless of whether they have been members before — are eligible for our Early Enrollment program, which runs from April 1-Aug. 31, 2023.
- Complete, sign and date the Early Enrollment pledge form and the 2022-23 Education Minnesota membership application.
- Attach the Early Enrollment pledge form to the 2022-23 membership application and return both to your Education Minnesota field office.
Educators are powerful when we have a collective voice. Working in union gives us the power to make meaningful improvements for students, our profession, public education and our communities.
Your union is:
- A voice for public education.
- An advocate for your career.
- A place for professional growth.
- A champion for our students and communities.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are already an active teacher or ESP member and have NOT changed districts, you do not need to sign up again.
Education Minnesota Aspiring Educators is a pre-professional organization for college and university students who plan to be teachers. Benefits include:
- $1 million in professional liability insurance
- Quality professional development
- Money-saving discounts
Help build unity and increase the power of Education Minnesota to represent educators and advocate for a stronger public education through greater numbers as a member of Education Minnesota Retired. FREE of cost to most members!
A teacher or education support professional is eligible for a substitute membership if they work in a Minnesota public school district, higher education institution, or charter school and is in a bargaining unit represented by Education Minnesota.
Allows persons who have been active members to continue eligibility for all member benefits even though they are no longer eligible for active membership. Examples include:
- You are being placed on unrequested leave of absence or are being laid off from employment with a district or other educational institution where you have been an active member.
- You are going on an unpaid leave of absence (voluntary or involuntary) of more than six months from employment with a district or other educational institution where you have been or could have been an active member.
- You are terminating your employment (voluntarily or involuntarily) with a district or other educational institution where you have been an active member.