MEA Online is new & improved!
Current MEA Online users: see our new new login instructions to access the upgraded site. Another note for current users: When you log into MEA Online, you may see the following screen with your first and last name listed, but no other information:
Please fill out the information and hit “save.”
ALL MEA Online users: Everyone with an MEA Online account will receive a message saying they are enrolled in a class titled “Mandatory Member Look Up – Complete this course!” The course just includes one module with one button you need to click.
Completing the course prompts the system to determine your membership status: member, non-member, and also pulls your data so your local and other information is up to date on your MEA Online profile. It may take a minute or so for the system to search for your membership information and update your record here.
Once you complete this process, you will never have to do it again! Even if you move districts and have a new local, the website will automatically update this information for you.
Get the professional development you need from the comfort of your home or classroom through trainings on our online learning platform MEA Online! Improve your professional practice, earn CEU credits for relicensure or build your union understanding and power.
All MEA Online courses are done asynchronously, at every individual’s own pace. The site also saves your progress, and automatically awards CEUs to your account and to your email upon each course completion.
The best part? These courses are FREE to active Education Minnesota members.
If your local is interested in an online PD day for all members, please contact your local field staff to work with the MEA Online team to create accounts.
Can’t access the portal switcher to find NEA courses?
The portal switcher is available to users who have accounts in two or more portals. If you are in the MEA Online portal and don’t have the switcher button, it means you haven’t yet registered in the any other portal, like NEA’s Professional Excellence Portal (PEP). If this is you, please go to the PEP registration page and register with the same email and password you use to access MEA Online.
A few of the classes offered by NEA include:
- Put on Your Own Oxygen Mask First: Cultivating Healing and Wellbeing through Social Awareness
- Classroom Management: Positive Response to Challenging Behaviors
- SEL: Relationship Skills
- Remote Learning: Equity Challenges and Opportunities
- Bully Prevention: School Connectedness
MEA Online course catalog
• 2022-23 Education Minnesota Pension Advocacy Plan – TRA specific
• Adult Learning and Coaching Strategies for Cooperating Teachers
• Building Representative—Roles and Responsibilities
• Certified Negotiator Program for Education Support Professionals
• Certified Negotiator Program for Teachers
• Community Engagement: Building Relationships for the Schools and Communities Students Deserve
• Conversational School Finance
• Costing Teacher Settlements
• Cultural Competency Training Parts 1 – 4
• Culturally Responsive Teaching Through a Racial Justice Lens
• UPDATED Degrees Not Debt webinar (March 2023)
• Digital Organizing 101
• English Learners
• ESP Costing Spreadsheet
• Expanded Loan Forgiveness for Educators: Unpacking New Public Service Loan Forgiveness Rules
• Health Insurance Basics & Beyond
• Legal Issues in Distance Learning
• LGBTQ+ Advocacy and Support Training Parts 1&2
• Local Elections Training for Referendums and School Board Races
• Meet and Confer
• MRA I: Member Rights Advocacy Training
• MRA II: Member Rights Advocacy Training
• MRA III: Member Rights Advocacy Training
• Negotiating Equitable Benefits & A Family Friendly Workplace
• Negotiations Resources: Online Data & Information to Support Bargaining
• Positive Behavior Interventions and Instructional Strategies
• Race Talk Messaging: What, Why and How
• Social Media, Legal Issues for Educators
• Student Mental Health
• Suicide Prevention
• Taking Effective Notes in Bargaining and Member Meetings
• Three Frames of Unionism
• Trauma I: Understanding Trauma and the Brain
• Degrees Not Debt w/ Cancellation Information 8.30.22
• Using Membership to the Max: Member Benefits
• Wealth Inequality and the Impact on Public Education
• When Can I Afford to Retire? (TRA)
We are adding more courses regularly, so be sure to check back for more offerings!
MEA Online is a straightforward, easy-to-navigate platform, and we think you will love it!
That said, there will be a learning curve. Please reach out to the MEA Online team if you have any questions as you explore this new medium for high-quality professional development, brought to you by your union’s Minnesota Educator Academy!