The Peterson-Schaubach Outstanding Leadership Award is given annually to an Education Minnesota leader (local or state) who has made outstanding contributions to Education Minnesota or its locals through demonstration of Education Minnesota’s Statements of Principle.
- The Education Minnesota President will set and announce nomination timelines and process to the Education Minnesota Governing Board. Nominations will open on or the closest business day after December 1 and will close on or the closest business day after January 31.
- Timelines and process will be posted on the Education Minnesota website.
- Education Minnesota Governing Board members, excluding officers, will nominate candidates by submitting a nomination form to the Education Minnesota Executive Committee.
- Using the established criteria, the nomination form should list the name of the candidate and the reason(s) that this member should be considered for the award.
- The Education Minnesota Executive Committee will review the submitted nominations and make a final selection. Nomination forms must be received by 11:59 pm on Jan. 31, 2023.
- The Peterson-Schaubach Outstanding Leadership Award will be announced each year at the Education Minnesota Representative Convention.
Nominee must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Has been an active member of Education Minnesota during the selection school year.
- Has made outstanding contributions to Education Minnesota or its locals through demonstration of Education Minnesota’s Statements of Principle.
Education Minnesota Statements of Principle:
- Commitment to Members
- Commitment to the Profession
- Commitment to the Learners
- Commitment to Public Education and the Community
- Commitment to the Organization
- Commitment to the Labor Movement
- Commitment to Racial Equity and Social Justice
Statements of Principle
PDF, 2 pgs., 488MB