The Education Minnesota Political Action Committee (PAC) is a group of educators from across the state who guide our union’s political and election programs. It is not affiliated with any political party.
The PAC was formed to create political power for educators.
Members are democratically appointed
The PAC is governed by a 33-member board of educators, comprised of one representative from each Education Minnesota regional election district, one higher education/statewide affiliate representative, one ESP representative, one non-voting aspiring educator, one non-voting retiree member and the Education Minnesota constitutional officers. Board members serve one-year terms. Board members are appointed by the Education Minnesota president and approved by the executive committee of Education Minnesota’s elected governing board. All members are eligible to seek appointment to the PAC.
- Educate, support and strengthen the commitment of the citizens and the government to excellence in public education at all levels.
- Promote and strive for the improvement of the public schools.
- Encourage educators to know and understand the nature and actions of their government and the important political issues as they pertain to public education.
- Elect candidates who support the mission of Education Minnesota
- Increase political action and voter participation of Education Minnesota members.
Educators make candidate endorsements
The PAC makes candidate endorsements representing the collective voice of 86,000 educators. Candidates from all political parties are entitled to seek Education Minnesota endorsement and the PAC regularly endorses Democratic and Republican candidates.
Members pay PAC dues
Elected member delegates vote at Education Minneaota’s annual business meeting to assess PAC dues. Regular member dues do not fund the PAC and all members may choose to opt-out of the yearly PAC contribution.
Find your PAC board representative:
Election districts and zones map
PDF, 40 pages, 9MB
The 2021-22 Education Minnesota PAC Board
Election District C
Election District K
Election District W