Education Minnesota is proud to announce the launch of our new online learning platform, LearnUpon.
Using LearnUpon, members can access our full catalog of professional development to improve their professional practice and earn CEU credits for relicensure as well as build union understanding and power.
The majority of courses will be pre-recorded. Some will be offered live via webinar and some will be a combination of both.
The best part? These courses are FREE to active Education Minnesota members.
How to sign up
On July 1, we sent an email to all members inviting you to access the LearnUpon platform.
No account creation is required. That's all been done already on the back end of the platform. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive an email invitation. (Remember to check your junk/spam folders!)
Here's a video explaining how to access the platform for the first time:
The following Education Minnesota trainings are now available online through LearnUpon:
- Assessment for Learning in Response to COVID-19 (live recorded session)
- Building Representative—Roles and Responsibilities
- Certified Negotiator Program for Teachers
- Classroom Mindfulness (live recorded session)
- Cultural Competency Training Parts 1 – 4
- Culturally Responsive Teaching Through a Racial Justice Lens
- Degrees Not Debt
- Engage Students With “Crossroads: An Anthology of Resilience and Hope by Young Somali Writers”
- English Learners
- ESP Costing Spreadsheet
- Finding Our Way Through: Navigating the Mental and Emotional Challenges of Our Current World
- Google's Applied Digital Skills Workshop (live recorded session)
- Introduction to LearnUpon
- Jim Crow of the North: Bringing Minnesota's Diverse History Into the Classroom
- LGBTQ+ Introductory Training
- Moving Lives Minnesota: Student-Driven Storytelling Around Immigration (live recorded session)
- MRA I: Member Rights Advocacy Training
- MRA III: Member Rights AdvocacyTraining
- Muslims in the Classroom: Practical Advice for Educators (live recorded session)
- Social Media, Legal Issues for Educators
- Student Mental Health
- Using Membership to the Max: Member Benefits
- Worksite Unity Leader Training Part 1
We are adding more courses regularly, so be sure to check back for more offerings!
LearnUpon is a straightforward, easy-to-navigate platform, and we think you will love it!
That said, there will be a learning curve, as distance learning for professional development is new for many of us. Please reach out to the LearnUpon team if you have any questions as you explore this new medium for high-quality professional development, brought to you by your union's Minnesota Educator Academy!