ST. PAUL, Minn., Oct. 2, 2023 – Everyone remembers a favorite teacher, someone who motivates and inspires students for a lifetime. Minnesotans have the opportunity again this fall to nominate that unique educator for Minnesota Teacher of the Year.
Online nominations are open today through Nov. 15. The 2024 Teacher of the Year will be named at a ceremony May 5, 2024, at the Saint Paul RiverCentre. The Minnesota Teacher of the Year also becomes Minnesota’s candidate for National Teacher of the Year.
Eligible nominees must meet these criteria:
- Teach in a public or nonpublic pre-kindergarten-12th grade school, or in an Adult Basic Education or ECFE program, working at least 50 percent of the time directly with students.
- Have a Minnesota teaching license.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree and a Minnesota teaching license.
- Have completed at least five full years of teaching by the nomination deadline.
- Intend to teach in Minnesota during the 2024-25 school year.
Anyone may nominate a teacher. Self-nominations are also accepted.
The state program has been highly successful nationally – Minnesota ranks third in the nation with four National Teachers of the Year.
For more information or to receive a paper nomination form, call Ashley Behrens at 651-292-4862 or 800-652-9073.
Organized and underwritten by Education Minnesota, the Minnesota Teacher of the Year program receives support from Education Minnesota ESI, Educators Lifetime Solutions, EFS Advisors, Harvard Club of Minnesota Foundation and Expedition Credit Union.
About Education Minnesota
Education Minnesota is the voice for professional educators and students. Education Minnesota’s members include teachers and education support professionals in Minnesota’s public school districts, faculty members at Minnesota’s community and technical colleges and University of Minnesota campuses in Duluth and Crookston, retired educators and student teachers. Education Minnesota is affiliated with the American Federation of Teachers, National Education Association and AFL-CIO.