Education Minnesota’s 2021 MEA conference will be hybrid this year!
Attend in-person Oct. 21 at the Saint Paul RiverCentre to check out our lineup of 65 workshops and dozens of educational exhibits. Or you can log on from home to watch the general session and a dozen select sessions virtually.
New relicensure courses will also be available on Education Minnesota’s MEA Online for members to complete at their own pace. Courses at MEA and MEA Online are always free to active Education Minnesota members.
For more information on the 2021 MEA conference, visit https://www.educationminnesota.org/events/annual-events/mea-conference.
What to expect this year:
In-person and virtual livestream attendance is limited, so register early! In order to create a safe in-person learning environment, Education Minnesota will require proof of vaccination before registering, masking for all attendees, regardless of vaccination status, and social distancing.
There will be NO CHILD CARE available this year due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns.
Thursday’s general session starts at 9 a.m. and workshops start at 10:45 a.m. Thursday. Passing time is 15 minutes. Register in advance at http://edmn.me/mea2021. Same-day registration WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE. Deadline to register is Oct. 19.
Our exhibit hall will be smaller and on the ballroom level with the workshops.
General session features keynote speaker
Ballrooms A and B, 9-10:30 a.m.
Featuring Education Minnesota President Denise Specht, Minnesota Teacher of the Year Natalia Benjamin and keynote speaker to be announced.
COVID-19 safety protocols and mitigation
In the interest of keeping attendees, trainers and exhibitors safe, and in recognition of increasing COVID-19 case numbers in our community, all trainings sponsored or supported by Education Minnesota will require all attendees to wear face coverings and have at least three feet of physical distance between each attendee. This is true regardless of the location of the event, and regardless of whether attendees are vaccinated.
Additionally, proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required to present, exhibit or attend this event in person. Attendees and trainers will be required to upload their vaccination card via our Cvent registration process.
Finally, if you test positive for COVID-19 or have symptoms shortly after the conference, please let us know so that we can notify attendees, trainers, exhibitors and other guests. In order to facilitate contact tracing in the event of a positive COVID-19 case by an attendee, we ask that you please stay in the sessions for which you registered. We will also be verifying that attendees to each session have registered for that session.
We appreciate your support and cooperation in observing these COVID-19 safety protocols.
Help us promote MEA!
Post on Instagram and Twitter about your favorite MEA moments using #MEAmn21 for a chance to win one of two $200 Target gift cards. Each post counts as one entry.
- Anaphylaxis and Food Allergy Association of Minnesota
- Animal Rights Coalition
- Bethel University
- Camp Fire Minnesota | Tanadoona
- CARE Counseling
- Concordia University, St. Paul
- Education Minnesota ESI
- EFS Advisors
- Epilepsy Foundation of Minnesota
- Great Lakes Indian Fish & Wildlife Commission (GLIFWC)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Welcoming Schools Program
- Infinite Campus
- Iron Mining Association of Minnesota
- Metropolitan State University
- Minnesota Agriculture in the Classroom
- Minnesota Department of Education
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- Minnesota Historical Society
- Minnesota Science Teachers Association (MnSTA)
- Minnesota State University, Mankato – College of Education
- NEA Member Benefits
- NEA Member Benefits California Casualty Auto and Home Insurance
- Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America
- Ordway Center for the Performing Arts
- PeaceMaker Minnesota
- Public Employees Insurance Program (PEIP)
- Schatz Benefit Group
- SEA LIFE at Mall of America
- Securus ID Inc.
- Seven Corners Print and Promo
- SpEd Forms
- St Catherine University
- St. Cloud State University: College of Education and Learning Design
- Synergy & Leadership Exchange
- Tradition Mortgage
- Twin Cities PBS
- United Educators Credit Union
- University of Minnesota College of Education and Human Development
- University of Northwestern
- University of St. Thomas
- University of Wisconsin, Superior
- Winona State University
- Youth for Human Rights International