If you are retiring or retired, and have been an Education Minnesota member for at least 10 years (does not have to be consecutive), you may qualify for retired membership at NO additional cost.
Benefits of retired membership:
- Continue access to Economic Services Inc. (ESI), NEA and AFT member benefit programs.
- Stay connected with other retired colleagues through newsletters, regional events and annual meetings.
- Participate in Education Minnesota political action and legislative efforts on issues as pension benefits.
- Ensure quality education for future generations of Minnesota students.
- Support Education Minnesota’s ongoing efforts to ensure quality working conditions as well as competitive salaries and benefits for school employees.
- Maintain Educators Employment Liability Insurance (EEL) coverage when teaching as a day-to-day substitute in all public school districts in Minnesota.
How do retired members benefit Education Minnesota?
Using their experience in education and their flexible schedules, retired members can help build power in the union by:
- Volunteering and recruiting other members to engage in Education Minnesota campaign activities.
- Serving as ambassadors for educators and the union with community service groups.
- Covering hearings and lobbying for Education Minnesota’s legislative agenda.
Register online when you give your retirement notice. More information and the registration link can be found at www.educationminnesota.org/membership-benefits/join-now/retired-member.