Peterson-Schaubach Outstanding Leadership Award
The Peterson-Schaubach Outstanding Leadership Award is given annually to an Education Minnesota leader (local or state) who has made outstanding contributions to Education Minnesota or its locals through demonstration of Education Minnesota’s Statements of Principle.
Nominations for this year's award are open! Due date: 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20.
- The Education Minnesota president will set and announce nomination timelines and process to the Education Minnesota Governing Board.
- Timelines and process will be posted on the Education Minnesota website.
- Education Minnesota Governing Board members, excluding officers, will nominate candidates by submitting a nomination form to the Education Minnesota Executive Committee.
- Using the established criteria, the nomination form should list the name of the candidate and the reason(s) that this member should be considered for the award.
- The Education Minnesota Executive Committee will review the submitted nominations and make a final selection.
- The Peterson-Schaubach Outstanding Leadership Award will be announced each year at the Education Minnesota Representative Convention.
Nominee must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Has been an active member of Education Minnesota during the selection school year.
- Has made outstanding contributions to Education Minnesota or its locals through demonstration of Education Minnesota’s Statements of Principle.
Education Minnesota Statements of Principle:
Commitment to Members
Commitment to the Profession
Commitment to the Learners
Commitment to Public Education and the Community
Commitment to the Organization
Commitment to the Labor Movement
Commitment to Racial Equity and Social Justice
Statements of Principle
PDF, 1 pg., 536 KB