Congratulations on choosing a career in education! Our Student Program is a preprofessional organization for college and university students like you who plan to be teachers.
The benefits of membership include money-saving discounts, workshops on job skills and other topics, and $1 million in professional liability insurance while you're in the classroom.
NEW: Take our online survey! Tell us how we can better serve you as an aspiring educator.
How to apply
Be sure you are choosing the correct year (Sept. 1-Aug. 31) as there are no refunds given.
- You can apply online today!
- You do NOT need a member ID number, username or password to apply online.
- Please print and keep a copy of your confirmation email.
- Problems with the online application? Contact the National Education Association.
- If you belong to an Education Minnesota local union, contact Cindy Smith at 800-652-9073 x 4866 before completing this application to discuss eligibility because refunds are not provided.
- Students from outside the U.S., who have a prior student membership, contact Cindy Smith at 800-652-9073 x 4866 before completing this application.
- Please allow up to two weeks after applying online for access to members-only content on this site.
- Check your membership status. This feature allows you to confirm whether you have a current membership, even if you paid by check. You can also print a confirmation of your membership.
Questions? Contact Cindy Smith: 800-652-9073 x 4866, or 651-227-9541 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
You're eligible for student membership if you're enrolled in an Education Minnesota affiliated post-secondary school as an undergraduate or graduate. The Education Minnesota affiliated schools are listed on the online application in the dropdown box.
If you're a member of an Education Minnesota local union, you are not eligible for a student membership – see "How to apply" above.
Student Program dues are $25 per year along with any applicable campus chapter dues; the membership year runs from Sept. 1 through Aug. 31. Your membership begins when Education Minnesota receives your application and payment.
If you're working in education this school year, you can apply for a rebate of a portion of your dues.
Read about more student resources and related websites.
If your college campus doesn't have a campus chapter, we encourage you to start one. Education Minnesota will provide staff time and some financial assistance to new campus chapters.
You can also find us on Facebook.
For more information, contact Vanessa Pulkrabek, 952-831-7799, or Cindy Smith, 800-652-9073 x 4866.