Early Career Teacher Seminar application
Apply now for the Spring 2022 cohort of our Early Career Teacher Seminar -- a unique PD partnership with Metro State University for educators in their first five years of teaching! Courses begin in January.
This course will provide early career teachers who are within their first five years of teaching support in creating work/life balance, instructional strategies, classroom management, building relationships with students, families and colleagues, cultural awareness and an understanding of the roles of building professionals.
- Applicants must be current Education Minnesota (EdMN) members who are in their first 5 years of teaching in the education profession
- Class will meet from 9:30am until 4pm on 1/29, 2/19, 3/26 and 4/30 from 9:30 a.m. via Zoom. Our final class on 5/21 will meet in-person at the Humanities Center located in St. Paul from 11 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- Attendance is mandatory at each class with both individual and small group participation
- Course is limited to 30 participants: completion of application does not guarantee acceptance and participants will be notified of application status by early January 2022.
- EdMN will cover the cost of tuition, but participants will be required to purchase 2-3 resources throughout the semester (with a maximum of $100 in total cost.)
Upon course completion, participants will receive the following: 3 College Credits from Metropolitan State University; 12 Continuing Education Credits (CEU); valuable techniques, information and best practices that can be tailored for immediate use in your classroom along with learning & networking opportunities with newer educators around the state.