Layoff resources

Laid off by your district? The state's Dislocated Worker Program offers employment and training services for eligible workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own.

Services are tailored to meet an individual worker's specific needs. Working one-on-one with a counselor, you'll develop a plan for employment that may include:

  • Career planning and counseling.
  • Job search and placement services.
  • Counselor-approved training.
  • Other support services.

When and how do I apply?
You can apply for the Dislocated Worker Program as soon as you have been notified of a permanent layoff or termination. To apply, visit one of the state's Minnesota WorkForce Centers or other authorized service providers. You can find all providers at Ask to apply for the Dislocated Worker Program at the front desk. In addition, sign up for free job-search workshops and training and look into other free job-search tools available at your local WorkForce Center.

Dislocated Worker Program brochure - unions
PDF, 2 pgs., 1.5 MB

Dislocated Worker Program handbook
PDF, 20 pgs., 3.1 MB

More information
651-259-7537 or 866-213-1422