Training available for new leaders
Education Minnesota is committed to working with locals to identify and prepare members to become the union leaders of tomorrow through our Emerging Leaders Program.
We need union members who are:
- Interested in becoming leaders within their profession.
- Team players and eager to learn.
- Ready to develop their potential beyond the classroom.
- Committed to improving the profession.
- Ready to mobilize their fellow members.
Our curriculum will empower participants to:
- Identify aspects of quality leadership.
- Develop their own leadership potential.
- Understand and work with different personality types.
- Explore leadership opportunities within the union.
- Develop the ability to engage members one on one.
- Network with colleagues from across the state.
- Embrace diversity in the workplace.
- Manage conflict for positive outcomes.
- Know the issues which have faced educators in the past.
- Lead educators to face the issues of tomorrow.
“It is a comprehensive overview of everything the union does which helped me know how I might get more involved,” said Sara McKeever, Sauk Rapids-Rice Education Association, who went through the training. “This training has helped me make connections with education professionals from across the state who have become fast friends.”
The 2020 Emerging Leaders Program will take place June 16-18 at the College of St. Benedict in St. Joseph, Minnesota.
Registration now open, but space is limited. The training, meals, lodging and mileage are covered.
Go to www.educationminnesota.org/advocacy/Union-U/emerging-leaders-program to register.