Reserve membership is intended to allow persons who have been active members to continue eligibility for all
member benefits even though they are no longer eligible for active membership. For example, you might want a reserve membership if you:
- Are being placed on unrequested leave of absence or are being laid off from employment with a district or other educational institution where you have been an active member.
- Are going on an unpaid leave of absence (voluntary or involuntary) of more than six months from employment with a district or other educational institution where you have been or could have been an active member.
- Are terminating your employment (voluntarily or involuntarily) with a district or other educational institution where you have been an active member.
NOTE: To continue your eligibility for all member benefits you must apply for an Education
Minnesota reserve membership while you are still an active member.
Benefits of membership - Reserve membership preserves eligibility for all member benefits including:
- Employment related legal services
- Field staff assistance
- National and state member services programs
- National and state publications
Please download the PDF below to your computer. To complete the application, fill out the downloaded PDF and save a copy to your computer. Please email the completed PDF to email@example.com. Write Reserve Membership Form, followed by your name, in the subject line. Save a copy for your records.
2020-21 reserve application
PDF, 1 pg., 613KB
If you are unable to fill out the form electronically, please print, complete and mail it to:
Education Minnesota Membership Department
41 Sherburne Ave.
St. Paul, MN, 55103-2119
Retain the upper portion for your records.