More than 33,000 Minnesota educators did not vote in the 2014 gubernatorial election. With your participation, our union has the power to change that in 2018.
Join us for our Regional Political Conference Feb. 2-3 at Bemidji State University!
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
At the conference, you'll learn about new ways we will motivate educators to vote in 2018 and how you can influence all candidates for governor to support public schools.
Breakout session themes include:
- ESP power – Building capacity for education support professionals to increase member voter turnout and political action.
- Worksite political action leaders – Information for members looking to lead at their worksites to increase voting and political action with colleagues.
- Organizing for early voting – Understanding new early voting laws and trends, and taking advantage of early voting organizing opportunities.
- Local election power – Learning from local union success stories in school board elections and levies.
- Integrating digital organizing into union political action – Harnessing the power of social media to increase political action and voter turnout.
- Millennial voter power – Building new political power with millennial members.
- Higher education engagement – Increasing faculty and student voting on our campuses
- Political action to solve the student debt crisis – Building a political movement to end student debt for educators.
Conference site: Bemidji State University, 1500 Birchmont Dr. N.E., Bemidji, MN 56601
Hotel: Candlewood Suites Bemidji, 401 Paul Bunyan Dr. S.E., Bemidji, MN 56601
Friday, Feb. 2
4:30 p.m. Check-in begins
6-9 p.m. Dinner, general session and breakout sessions
Saturday, Feb. 3
8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Breakfast, breakout sessions, lunch and closing session
Jan. 7 -- Conference registration, with guaranteed hotel
Jan. 23 -- Conference registration, without guaranteed hotel
Register online! The first member from each local, identified by the local president, will have all conference and lodging fees covered. Full and partial scholarships will be available through this application process. Attending the conference and lodging will be free for ESPs and Education Minnesota student program members.
Mileage will be reimbursed at 20 cents per mile, in accordance with Education Minnesota policies. Members will be eligible to receive a $60 per day child care reimbursement, with a signed, official receipt or invoice from the daycare or babysitter.
Per Education Minnesota financial policies, costs incurred by Education Minnesota for hotel and meals that result from cancellations or no-shows will be the responsibility of the participant except in cases of emergency.
Questions? Contact Anna Brelje via email or at 651-292-4841.
2017 Political Conference
Our 2017 Political Conference took place Nov. 17-18 at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
The conference featured a gubernatorial candidate forum. All declared candidates were invited. Members submitted questions for the candidates when they registered or via social media.
Gubernatorial candidate forum
Opening session remarks