Bargaining Unity Day
Join educators across the state March 13 as we collectively demand the visionary school funding our students deserve!
How your local can participate:
1. Create your local's Bargaining Unity Day Proclamation.
2. Register and choose one or more public actions to share your proclamation.
- Download our Bargaining Unity Day Toolkit to get ideas for public actions.
- Attend our March 13 meeting with legislators and Gov. Tim Walz in St. Paul.
3. Put the word out to your members.
4. On March 13, carry out your public action and file your formal Notice of Intent to Negotiate with your district and the Bureau of Mediation Services.
Mileage reimbursement will be provided for members in accordance with Education Minnesota financial policies.
Education Minnesota will reimburse locals for the cost of union leave time in accordance with Education Minnesota lobby day policies, requiring approval from your local union leadership in advance of the lobby day. Please contact your local president directly if you are interested in accessing union leave to participate in activities in St. Paul during the workday.
Education Minnesota may provide bussing to the event for large groups of members, depending on interest. Please indicate when you register if you would be interested in group transportation from your region if we were to offer it.
Bargaining Unity Day Proclamation
Bargaining Unity Day Checklist
Bargaining Unity Day Toolkit
Bargaining Unity Day Social Media Guide
Sample Letter to the Editor
Notice of Intent to Negotiate (web link)
Notice of Intent to Negotiate (PDF)