Bargaining Unity Day
Join educators across the state March 13 as we collectively demand the visionary school funding our students deserve!
How your local can participate:
1. Create your local's Bargaining Unity Day Proclamation.
2. Register and choose whether you will be coming to St. Paul, participating locally or both!
- Download our Bargaining Unity Day Toolkit to get ideas for public actions.
- Attend our March 13 meeting with legislators and Gov. Tim Walz in St. Paul.
3. Put the word out to your members.
4. On March 13, come to St. Paul/carry out your public action and file your formal Notice of Intent to Negotiate with your district and the Bureau of Mediation Services.
REMEMBER TO WEAR RED! THIS IS OUR #REDFORED MOMENT!
Schedule (St. Paul only)
Morning option: Breakfast and lobby briefing at the Minnesota History Center, followed by morning lobby appointments at the Capitol, State Office Building and Senate Office Building.
8-8:30 a.m.: breakfast
8:30-9 a.m.: lobby briefing
9 a.m. - noon: appointments with legislators
Midday option: Lunch and educator meeting with Gov. Tim Walz and legislative leadership at the Minnesota History Center.
11 a.m. -12:45 p.m.: grab-and-go lunch
12:45-2 p.m.: meeting in auditorium. Schedule subject to change.
Afternoon option: lobby briefing at the Minnesota History Center and afternoon lobby appointments at the Capitol, State Office Building and Senate Office Building.
2-2:15 p.m.: lobby briefing
2:15-5 p.m.: appointments with legislators
Mileage reimbursement will be provided for members in accordance with Education Minnesota financial policies.
Education Minnesota will reimburse locals for the cost of union leave time in accordance with Education Minnesota lobby day policies, requiring approval from your local union leadership in advance of the lobby day. Please contact your local president directly if you are interested in accessing union leave to participate in activities in St. Paul during the workday.
Education Minnesota may provide bussing to the event for large groups of members, depending on interest. Please indicate when you register if you would be interested in group transportation from your region if we were to offer it.
Bargaining Unity Day Proclamation
Bargaining Unity Day Signs
Bargaining Unity Day Checklist
Bargaining Unity Day Toolkit
Bargaining Unity Day Social Media Guide
Sample Letter to the Editor
Notice of Intent to Negotiate (web link)
Notice of Intent to Negotiate (PDF)