Emerging Leaders Program
New leaders! Education Minnesota is committed to working with locals to identify and prepare you to become the union leaders of tomorrow through our Emerging Leaders Program.
We need union members who are:
- Interested in becoming leaders within their profession.
- Team players, eager to learn.
- Ready to develop their potential beyond the classroom.
- Committed to improving the profession.
- Ready to mobilize their fellow members.
Our curriculum will empower participants to:
- Identify aspects of quality leadership.
- Develop their own leadership potential.
- Understand personality and generational differences.
- Explore leadership opportunities within the union.
- Develop the ability to engage members one on one.
- Embrace diversity in the workplace.
- Manage conflict for positive outcomes.
- Know the issues which have faced educators in the past.
- Lead educators to face the issues of tomorrow.
The 2019 Emerging Leaders Program will take place June 18-20 at the College of St. Benedict in St. Joseph, Minnesota.
2019 registration now open
The 2019 program will begin with lunch on June 18 and end with lunch on June 20. Accommodations will be provided by the College of St. Benedict. ALL participants are required to attend ALL portions of the training, which will also include evening sessions on June 18 and 19.
Acceptance into the program includes:
- Training and all materials
- Lodging on campus
Registration is FREE, but space is limited. Registration will remain open until all spaces are filled or until May 5, whichever is sooner. Education Minnesota reserves the right to limit the number of registrants from the same local.
Questions? Contact Marie Fernholz at 877-462-5835 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I have taken many leadership trainings and attended many conferences, but out of all of them, this is the most valuable, relevant and applicable at all levels of leadership. This is a ‘must' training for all local leaders—especially valuable, post Janus!”
- Georgia Miller-Kamara, Intermediate District 287/Local 2209, Twin Cites metro
“Leading the change starts with you! This seminar gives you the power to engage the membership whether it be one to one or the whole union on issues facing all of us today and towards the future. We are one!”
- Jim Elmer, United South Central-ESPs, Wells