Unity Summit/Political Conference
In 2018, Education Minnesota re-shaped our election work -- focusing on getting out the vote at the worksite level.
Voting is still a high priority in 2020. And through our union, we have the power win generational change for public education in Minnesota.
To do that, we must:
1. Get out 100 percent of the educator vote for public education on Nov. 3, 2020.
2. Collectively engage at least 33,000 parents and community voters in the election and beyond.
3. Unite our co-workers and communities in a statewide movement for full funding of public education in the spring of 2021.
To reach these goals, we need educators like you at the forefront of this movement.
The Education Minnesota 2020-21 Unity Summit is a place for educators to learn about the tools they'll need to develop worksite teams to build unity around electing pro-public education candidates in the 2020 election and fight for fully funding schools in the 2021 legislative session.
The summit will also feature a public meeting with key elected officials.
Education Minnesota 2020-21 Unity Summit
Leadership Training for Democracy and Worksite Action
Jan. 31-Feb. 2, 2020
Radisson Blu Mall of America, Bloomington
Online registration now open!
The summit will feature two sections of trainings for members interested in working on the campaign. Saturday afternoon will feature a meeting with policymakers, which will be open to the public.
View the agenda and training overview.
Deadlines for registration:
- Jan. 20 for guaranteed single occupancy* hotel (on a first come, first served basis).
- Jan. 28 for guaranteed food and for remaining single occupancy* hotel rooms (again on a first come, first served basis).
- Can register up until the event if only attending the kick-off event
* With regard to family registration, single occupancy is taken to mean one family per room as opposed to the one person per room limit associated with an individual registration.
Questions? Contact Brit Hiedeman.